Welcome to perhaps the best free self-help website. The documents below are full of tips and resources I collected for living happily and wisely. Sharing them is the best way I can uniquely help you in life. Farther below I explain my motives.
I kept the files in Microsoft Word so that you can edit and share them with your children and grandchildren as a collection of written family wisdom, which they can then pass on to their descendants. There are roughly 2,100 pages here. I suggest downloading the files you like since this website won't be here forever.
The six categories: 1) finding your unique purpose in life, 2) tips for teachers, 3) tips for careers other than teaching, 4) your possessions and travels, 5) your health, and 6) your relationships
Help for finding your life purpose:
- connecting your purpose to each day (34 pp.)
Help for teachers: - teaching, especially for grades K-12 (227 pp.)
- teaching history and geography only (72 pp.)
Activities for teaching history (PDF files):
- World: prehistory - 1600 C.E. (135 pp.)
- World: 1600 - present (124 pp.)
- U.S.: 1492 - 1900 (72 pp.)
- U.S.: 1900 - present (119 pp.). Help for careers other teachers:
- advocacy and activism (22 pp.)
- building a nonprofit (187 pp.)
- business letters (3 pp.)
- doing humanitarian work elsewhere (3 pp.)
- finding a co-founder (3 pp.)
- leadership, delegation and feedback (12 pp.)
- negotiating (11 pp.)
- picking a crowd-sourcing provider (4 pp.)
- pitching and selling (12 pp.)
- public speaking (19 pp.)
- self-publishing your book or e-book (117 pp.)
- using online video (22 pp.)
- website design and analytics (27 pp.)
- wikis and social bookmarks (5 pp.)
Help for your possessions and travels:
- your money (58 pp.)
- your home (35 pp.)
- your automobile (10 pp.)
- budget travel & overseas relocation (25 pp.)
- buying a mattress (5 pp.)
- buying a carpet (2 pp.)
- using a personal lawyer (5 pp.)
Help for your health:
- exercising (21 pp.)
- nutrition and 550 low-fat recipes (171 pp.)
- health costs and physical healing (14 pp.)
Help for your relationships:
- labeling & managing your emotions (20 pp.)
- listening and building rapport (14 pp.)
- dating, communication, & getting engaged (49 pp.)
- PG-13 romance with your partner (49 pp.)
- holistic intimacy with your partner (246 pp.)
- parenting (128 pp.)
I made this website because apart from this, I have been developing a new peace concept for some of the world's most famous conflicts. The concept involves synthesizing research from many academic disciplines, including some that seem unconnected. When researching it, I struggled to keep my focus because I had to read technical research in both breadth and depth on issues that are hotly disputed but different depending on the conflict. As a result, I struggled in explaining my concept and tailoring what I was saying when speaking to different audiences.
Fortunately I realized I could be more articulate if I first emptied my mind of a lot of other topics that one should know about for living simply and happily, or for expressing a vision to the wider public. This list is subjective of course. If I felt inexplicably anxious about a certain topic not related to my peace concept, I researched it enough to feel confident about it and then put my findings onto this website. I also added some topics like buying a carpet or buying a mattress that are surprisingly technical and that I happened to investigate for my own home. Making all these documents has now allowed me to let go of them from my memory while retaining their wisdom in an external place, like in a file cabinet or this website. As a result, I have greater mental capacity for what is most important to me, like extra RAM on a computer, and I can now describe my concept much more clearly than when I started making these documents. The peace concept's website is PeaceSchools.org , but it is under construction at the moment.
Initially I made the files for myself, but then I saw they could help everyone. Most of the information is solid wisdom, but I now know that the healthiest recipes are low-calorie, low-glycemic, low-gluten, and high-fiber, and not just low-fat at the expense of other nutrition criteria. The holistic-intimacy one is not safe for children nor work, but it is perhaps the best document on here. I wrote it specifically to help prevent divorces, especially where children are involved. My thinking is that a happier bedroom will lead to a happier marriage and thus a smaller chance of a divorce.
A website worth mentioning right here is the best free personal-finance website, the Bogleheads Forum , named after the founder of Vanguard, a mutual-fund company. You can create a free profile, anonymously explain your finances to 75,000 other members, and ask for investment advice or for a confirmation that you are doing okay with your portfolio. You will likely get several good responses, including one or two from investment advisers who are happy to both help you and reveal their real name. They know that doing this allows them to be found in a Google search by prospects from elsewhere who are researching advisers and who want insight into each adviser's mind. It doesn't matter if your portfolio has $50 in it or $50 million. The teaching documents are here because I have also been a teacher. If this site helps you in some way, please share it with others. You never know how they might benefit.